Business Casual Meeting
- Top: Keep it simple with a chiffon shirt, jersey top, turtleneck, or printed blouse. You could layer with a blazer for a smarter look.
- Bottoms: Suit trousers, chinos, and structured wool trousers are all acceptable.
- Skirt/Dress: A dark-colored bold bodycon dress, pleated A-line, or midi skirt are some options.
- Shoes: Loafers, brogues, pumps, and up to four-inch heels are suitable.
- Accessories: Light jewelry is the best option. Don’t go for any bold statement accessories or big earrings.
- Blazer: A blazer isn’t always required but it can smarten up any look, making you feel more confident throughout your pitch.
- Shirt: A shirt is an essential part of a working man’s wardrobe.
- Bottoms: Smart trousers or chinos are a safe option (preferably dark or beige). Don’t pull out your summer whites for a business meeting – no matter the weather. If you’re in a startup or the creative industry, jeans could be suitable as long as they are dark denim with a straight cut (no skin-tight or ripped jeans).
- Shoes: Chelsea boots, brogues or formal shoes are all a great option in brown, black, leather, or suede.
- Accessories: A belt is a must and should be worn with every outfit. A watch is also a nice touch but make sure it’s not too flashy.
- Top: A cotton or chiffon buttoned-up shirt is always a good option.
- Bottoms: Tailored trouser suit or wide-legged trousers are suitable in a dark or beige color.
- Skirt/Dress: Black or tweed pencil skirt that sits no more than four fingers above your knee is acceptable. If you prefer dresses, go for a high-neck A-Line dress that isn’t too short or long, adhering to the four-finger rule.
- Shoes: Court shoes, brogues, loafers, or pumps are some options.
- Accessories: Wear simple jewelry and pair your outfit with a structured bag.
- Shirt: Crisp, white, buttoned-up cotton shirts are usually a safe option. However, something with a pattern or simple color is also okay.
- Suit: A two-piece or three-piece suit in dark charcoal or navy is an ideal choice.
- Accessories: A silk tie is a must, as well as subtle cufflinks, a leather belt, and a watch.
- Shoes: Black or brown oxfords or brogues (don’t forget the matching socks).